Catalyst Veterans Initiative
Catalyst Sports was founded when a team of disabled Veterans traveled to Wyoming and climbed the 13,775ft Grand Teton in 2012. Since then we have continued to serve our U.S. Veterans through The Catalyst Veterans Initiative. This initiative provides various opportunities for service men and women who have incurred a physical or mental injury or illness to participate in challenging adventure programs within a supportive community of other U.S. Veterans and civilians.
The following is a list of our current Veteran programming. We are always open to new ideas and partnerships to expand this programming. If you’d like more information on any of our current offerings or if you are interested in partnering with us to help expand our offerings, please don’t hesitate to contact us anytime! We’d love to hear from you.
Currently, groups of veterans get together to climb either on a monthly or weekly basis in Atlanta, Knoxville, Birmingham, and DC.
We also aim to host regional outdoor veteran climbs around the southeast on an annual basis. Check out this year’s lineup.
- March 31 – April 2 Pilot Mountain, North Carolina (Registration Closed)
- May 12-14 Foster Falls, Tennessee – For Veterans and one friend/family member
- June 23-25 Sandrock, Alabama – For Veterans and their Families (wheelchair accessible)
- August 25-27 Red River Gorge, Kentucky – (Registration Closed)
- September 8-10 (11th annual 9/11 tribute climb) Linville Gorge, North Carolina – For Veterans only
This VetsCycle initiative provides opportunities for service men and women who have incurred a physical or mental injury or illness to participate in regular cycling programs within a supportive community of other U.S. Veterans and civilians. There are twice monthly opportunities for veterans to cycle for free on the Silver Comet in Mableton, GA.
Whether it is for strength, endurance, fun or social interaction with fellow veterans we encourage you to sign up and come and see what it’s all about.
Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month 1030-1230, we will be coming together to ride on the Silver Comet Trail.
The Bike Barn, 4342 Floyd Rd SW,
Mableton, GA 30126
This ride is for you if:
- you have an adaptive bike and want to get together with a community of other adaptive cyclists
- have never tried adaptive cycling but would like to come and be fitted for one of our bikes and then take it for a ride on the trail
- do not own your own bike but have used an adaptive bike before and would like to borrow one of our bikes to ride
- are an able-bodied cyclist who wants to ride alongside our group.
We will have pace and distance options for all levels of cyclists
Questions about an upcoming ride? Contact email@example.com