Our goal is to provide a professional level of care and service that creates the best possible experience for each and every individual. We hope to safely accommodate every person wanting to utilize our services and provide them with a great ski or snowboarding experience.
Our adaptive ski lessons are open to all individuals who can satisfy the following:
- Have a permanent disability.
- Be age 5 or older at the time of the lesson.
- Be able to actively participate & engage appropriately in the lesson. Harassment or abusive behavior towards others, for any reason, is not tolerated. Participants may not participate in the program if we have reason to believe that they would put another participant, volunteer, or staff member at risk.
- Be able to follow basic instructions and effectively communicate independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Attend dressed in suitable clothing for environment, to protect from the elements.
- Manage personal care independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- If the student is a minor or if they require a caregiver, the caregiver must be accessible to program staff while the student is actively participating in the program.
- Be able to breathe independently, not require medical devices to sustain breathing.
- Must be 200 pounds or less if using sit-down ski equipment.
- Must be able to assist themselves in getting up from the snow with minimal assistance.